Job location: Sunnyvale, CA
- Develop, design, and implement electrical solutions for electronic products including but not limited to schematic capture, part selection, PCB layout using Circuit design, Orcad/PADS schematic and layout tools.
- Analysis and validation of prototype systems that meet the goals of the product using Excel, Labview and lab instruments such as DMM, oscilloscope, Logic Analyzer, Function generator, Spectrum analyzer.
- Eliminate risk by Prototyping and simulation of circuits using breadboard, Pspice simulation.
- Handle constraints in Board space, time, cost, performance, power, signal integrity, timing margins, and manufacturing by doing design trade off analysis, data analysis and participating in design reviews.
- Validate and verify product functionality by designing test setup ups, writing test plans and analyzing test data.
- Ensure Product manufacturability by applying DFM guidelines during PCB layout and manufacturing.
- Collaborate and interact with design, firmware, compliance, mechanical engineering, and many other engineering and design disciplines to optimize the overall system of the product by applying system design knowledge.
- Participate in developing new serial protocols using existing knowledge of protocols like SPI, I2C, RS232, RS485.
- Ensure Product Compliance Qualification by writing EMC test plans, designing EMC test setups and debug EMC issues when required.
- Reduce and eliminate PCB re-design risk and cost by using simulation tools and knowledge of EMC tests.
- Ensure product reliability by testing for ESD, thermal stress, Mechanical Stress, FMEA, and Root cause analysis.
- Provide production assistance by identifying multiple source of parts using design trade off analysis and design calculations.
- Translate customer specifications into engineering requirements document by analyzing existing products and capabilities.
- Develop project and process documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules and presentations to fully capture and communicate the electrical design to achieve the projects goals.
- Customize test devices development, such as sensor calibration machine, Digital I/O interface board, or other special function devices.
- Participate in PCB fabrication and SMT process, and modify PCB design for optimization purpose of sensor assembly and test.
- Conduct hardware and testing debugging.
- Select appropriate parts from the market under certain project’s budget and performance requirements.
- Perform verification and validation of parts from vendors. Send necessary feedback to vendors for future improvement.
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering